As a veteran homeschool mom, I get a lot of questions about homeschooling. Moms want to know how, when, and why. They want to know about costs, laws, and curriculum.
I recently “met” Kandace from Schoolin’ Reyes on a group board for bloggers. Kandace is a homeschooling mom of five, and she gets questions about homeschooling too.
She recently put together a compilation of answers to the most common homeschool questions she’s received through the years. I’m honored to be included among the many homeschool moms she interviewed for her article.
Kandace was careful to glean answers from a wide variety of homeschoolers–eight in all! Some are newbies, and some are veterans like myself. There are tiny family and large family homeschoolers and every size in between. She’s been careful to include unschoolers as well as more traditional schoolers.
In her article, Kandace answers the following questions:
- What style of homeschooling does your family follow?
- What state do you homeschool in, and what are the laws like there? How does this affect the way you homeschool?
- Why did your family begin homeschooling?
- What do you wish you knew when you first began homeschooling?
- What are the hardest and easiest parts of homeschooling?
I hope you’ll click on over and read, not only my responses, but the many others that Kandace took the time to gather and present in one convenient place on the web. You can find her article at Homeschool Diversity: Five Common Questions Answered by Real Homeschooling Moms.