1. His smile. What parent does love their kid’s smile?
2. His laugh. A friend used to intentionally make him laugh, because she loved the sound so much. He used to sound like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. His laugh is a little more manly these days.
3. His sense of humor. This kid is funny y’all. His co-workers say he makes work more enjoyable, because he’s always in a good mood and making people laugh.
4. His care for his sisters. He is their hero. He may not realize it, but they think he hung the moon.
5. His willingness to serve. Not only is he a great help with his younger sisters, he also finds ways to serve in our community. He is willing to help with things at church any time someone asks. While we were in Ecuador, he found his place of service at Casa de Fe and in the community. Now, he’s planning to be part of our church’s spring mission trip to Guatemala.
6. His love for the Word. He digs deep and sees things, sometimes, that I’ve never seen before.
7. His passion for apologetics/creationism. Not only does he love the Word, he loves to defend the Word.
9. His ability to adapt. No matter what life has thrown at him–3 sisters in a row, 3 sets of foster siblings, moving to Ecuador, and now being a part of our family’s adoption process–he has walked through it all with grace.
10. His kindness towards animals. He just brought home a new puppy last week. While I appreciate his compassion and kindness, I’m not sure bringing home animals is always a good thing.
11. His kindness to people. I really don’t think this needs an explanation.
13. He’s a frugal shopper. I felt that I had succeeded at parenting when he came home a few weeks ago with a “new” pair of pants he bought at a consignment shop and a nice dress shirt from a thrift store!
14. He’s a great friend. He’s loyal and dependable, and he’s still close friends with people that he met when he was 3!
15. His love for learning. For fun, when he was younger, he would lay on the floor for hours with the family encyclopedias. He is always educating me on something or another.
17. He’s artistic. He loves to draw, paint, and create. I love that he is able to draw, paint, and create.
18. I love that He walks in obedience to Christ. He committed his life to Christ when he was young, and he has rarely (if ever) given me reason to doubt his commitment. I can’t wait to see what the Lord will do through him as he continues to surrender his life for Him.
And a BONUS thing I love–I love that he is a part of our family!